Early Career Framework
About our ECF Programme
GLF West Sussex Teaching School Hub has partnered with Lead Provider, Ambition Institute, to deliver the DfE's Early Career Framework Full Induction Programme. This approach offers a tried and tested two-year support package for ECTs to increase confidence and expertise in teaching effectively and helps experienced educators to deepen their mentoring skilled, drawing upon the latest research for teacher development.
Over the two-year induction period, the programme includes:
- a comprehensive introduction to the programme
- user-friendly weekly evidence-based self-study modules
- Three one-day conferences covering key aspects of the framework
- Termly clinics covering areas of practice to build on ECT self-study
- Weekly observation and mentor coaching (using instructional coaching models)
- two one-day conferences covering the programme principles and instructional coaching
- 3 clinics to develop expertise in instruction coaching
- three coaching-on-coaching sessions to develop instructional coaching in a bespoke one-to-one session
- access to a user-friendly platform, Steplab, to support target planning for instructional coaching and ECT development
Benefits for the ECTs & Mentors include:
- tackling challenges
- learning flexibly
- developing practice
- access to the latest educational research
Benefits for the schools include:
- Attracting & retaining staff
- Tried and tested support
- Insight into the latest research into effective teacher development practice, which can be applied beyond work with ECTs
If you would like to register to work with us on ECT Induction please complete the form here.
What our mentors say:
"Having the opportunity to work with other ECT mentors gaining advice and experience from them. The same is true of the coaching sessions."
"Clear framework and steps to follow to guide ECT through most important areas when a new teacher."