The Thrive Approach
The Thrive Approach is proven whole school approach to support teachers in promoting right time emotional development and good mental health. It also equips accredited Thrive Practitioners to provide reparative targeted intervention for vulnerable children e.g. those who have lived through Adverse Childhood Experiences, those with SEMH needs and those at risk of exclusion.
A wealth of information about Thrive can be found at https://www.thriveapproach.com/about-thrive/
Thrive Ambassador Schools are always willing to be contacted through to give a realistic picture of what the Thrive Approach could look like in your school.
The West Sussex Teaching School Hub are delighted to be able to offer both Adolescent and Childhood Practitioner courses starting in October at a discount to West Sussex schools as we have our own Thrive Approach trainers.
Qualities needed for the Thrive Practitioner role:
- high levels of emotional literacy
- openness, perseverance and humour
- proven positive behaviour management skills
- desire to work with and champion vulnerable and/or challenging children
- willingness to use I.T. on a regular basis for assessing children & creating action plans
The ability to:
- create an effective, engaging learning environment
- secure motivation and concentration
- gain the respect of children, other staff members and parents
- set realistic demands for children and state them explicitly
- learn new I.T. skills if necessary
Course dates for the academic year 2022 -2023 will be announced shortly. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for updates and further information.