Teaching Internship Programmes
At GLF Schools we believe that the best place for trainee teachers to learn how to become excellent classroom practitioners is in a school, so we are opening our classroom doors and offering two Internship programmes in 2023.
Easter Internship - April 2023
The first is a 2 day internship open to graduate career changers and final year undergraduates interested in starting a teacher training programme in September 2023. These internships are available at both Primary and Secondary level and will take place in April. Participants will receive a contribution of £50 per day towards travel, lunch and refreshments. For more information and to register your interest please click here.
Paid Summer Internship 2023
Our second opportunity offers undergraduates interested in training to teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Languages or Computing the opportunity to experience a three week PAID internship (£300 per week, totalling £900 for the completed programme).
By joining us for this 3 week paid placement, GLF Schools affords you the opportunity to :
- Gain a deeper understanding of life in school
- Get a taste of how our school based teacher training programmes work
- Co-plan and deliver lessons or parts of lessons
- Work one-to-one with a mentor who is an excellent classroom practitioner in their specialism
- Network with qualified subject specialists and other colleagues
- Develop skills to add to your CV
- Work with the School-Based Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) Team who will support your school placement and subsequent application to train to teach
Do I meet the criteria?
- Are you currently a university undergraduate?
- Are you interested in teaching mathematics, computing, chemistry, MfL or physics?
- Would you like the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of what a career in teaching has to offer whilst earning £300 a week?
- Please click here to complete our application form.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview before the 31 March 2023
- Following a successful interview, candidates will be asked to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is a safeguarding requirement as you will be working in schools and with children
- The programme will begin in June 2023