National Professional Qualifications
Stop Press - We are now recruiting for Cohort 2 (due to start Spring 2022) - these courses are still free for all state-funded schools in England with no limits on numbers per school
The DfE announced, on the 12th October, that ALL six NPQs now be free nationally for all state funded schools without limit as to numbers per school. These are:
EL Executive Leadership 18 months
H Headship 18 months
SL Senior Leadership 18 months
LBC Leading Behaviour and Culture 12 months
LTD Leading Teacher Development 12 months
LT Leading Teaching 12 months
State-funded nurseries and colleges will also be eligible.
- Non-teaching staff are also eligible for these courses if appropriate to their work; there is a process by which a temporary TRN can be awarded.
- We will now aim to run a second cohort in March to catch any late applicants and the deadline for this cohort will be January. Date TBC – we will send this information out as soon as we hear.
Following the brief DfE registration, applicants will receive a further e-mail from the Education Development Trust (EDT) and will need to complete this information:
- Choose HISP Teaching School Hub as the Delivery Partner
- Choose November 21st as the start date
- Complete questions on why the want to do the course, what they expect to learn and why they have chosen the EDT. The first two are to understandably ensure the suitability and commitment of applicants and should be completed with reasonable thought. The third should only be answered by saying ‘This is the provider that my Teaching School Hub is working with’ and does not require an in-depth answer.
Please contact Caroline Carroll at Millais School, Horsham on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01403 267890 for further information or assistance. Caroline is our West Sussex Teaching School Hub Associate and is leading on NPQs.
Please also let Caroline know if you have staff registering on NPQs and which courses.
The new, reformed suite of NPQs will be available for teachers and school leaders from Autumn 2021. These include:
- NPQ Executive Leadership
- NPQ Headship
- NPQ Senior Leadership
- NPQ Leading Teacher Development
- NPQ Leading Teaching
- NPQ Leading Behaviour and Culture
These qualifications have been designed to support teachers and leaders in developing skills in aspects of school leadership and specialist areas of teaching practice. They have been developed through consultation with the education sector and EEF.
The new NPQs support the Department for Education’s Recruitment and Retention Strategy (2019) and the ‘Golden Thread’. They build on evidence already established in the Initial Teacher Training COre Content Framework and the Early Career Framework (ECF), and reflect both the Teachers’ Standards and The Headteachers’ Standards.
Find out more about NPQs HERE.